Are you a talented and driven digital designer in the early stages of your career? Looking to work with a company with its sights set on having a big impact on the world?
BuffaloGrid is a technology company on a mission to connect the next billion. With offices in London and New Delhi, we let businesses with multiple locations offer mobile power and internet across their network, particularly in rural locations where grid power is unavailable or unreliable.
The Digital Designer will work across both the Engineering and Marketing teams to support them in the design of product and marketing material. This includes working on our product UI, performing UX work on our Cloud platform, icon and visual language design, web content, event materials and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
We’re initially offering a four month fixed-term contract to the successful candidate with the chance to move into a permanent position once the fixed-term is over.
Responsibilities (What You'll Be Doing)
- Support on user interface design work for our cloud platform and Hub screen
- Creating icons and other materials related to the development of our product
- Creation and updates to various sales collateral and presentations
- Preparing images to coincide with social and blog posts
- Assist with website and blog updates via Squarespace
- Working with the Marketing Manager on other creative marketing assets
- Other projects as assigned
Core Skills (What We Want to See)
- Proficiency in design programs including Adobe Creative Suite (Particularly photoshop, indesign and illustrator) a knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut etc.) is also a plus.
- An understanding of UX design best practice and how to create designs for the web including the use of Squarespace or similar content management systems
- An understanding of prototyping tools and UI design software like Zeplin and Sketch
- Some knowledge of web development, not a priority
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified timeframes
- Organized, dependable and detail oriented
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
- Team player quick learner and efficient
- Competitive Salary: £18,000 per annum
- Work for a company on a world-changing mission to affect millions of lives.
- Tackle complex challenges that have a global impact everyday.
- Be part of a collaborative international team culture - open, encouraging and fun